Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Old habits die hard, or not

Went out with an old friend tonight. It's so funny because I spent about two years of my life being enamored with him as an undergrad and now we go out and drink for hours (and it's so awesome being back at sea level, because I can drink FOREVER), talk about everything, and are the epitome of 'just friends.' Funny how life works.

I was also reminded of how sweet little things make everything so worth it. Allow me to unpack that unwieldy, ambiguous statement. Jesse (said friend) and I know each other from the a cappella group that owned both of our lives in college. We were also the choice soloists for several songs, and frequently duetted. One such song was "The Reason" by that band with the dumb name. We stopped off at a couple of bars tonight between 9 and 2, and when I dropped him off at his car that song came on the radio. That song is so old--it never receives airplay anymore. But there it was in full Hoobastank glory. And we harmonized to it like the nerds that we are, and we hugged, and he left.

I have to admit, that tune would definitely make an appearance on the soundtrack to my life.

Golf is good.
All the time.
and
All the time.
Golf is good.

No comments: