Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I am a very blessed daughter

An email my father sent to me today:

I just wanted to take a moment to talk about today. Remember this day, what you did and were doing at noon. An event happened today that nobody from my generation and all the previous generations could have possibly imagined. This is a day that will be talked about in years to come about this man and how it happened in a land that not long ago, my youth, that blacks were not allowed in the same restaurant or to drink from the same water fountain or use the same restroom. In that this short time a black man has become our president, is a miracle. I'm not always nostalgic or put things in perspective but down the road this day will be talked and written about. I am truly proud this is happening to our country. I believe he is the right man, in the right time, for this country.
love you pumpkin
Forever, Dad

No comments: