Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moving On

I'm stressed out. Yesterday sucked.

I have a hard class, a not impossible but demanding independent study, and comps preparation is really the thing that just has me freaking out.

But, I'm trying to take it a day at a time, and revel in the good that has come of this experience. So,

I'll be celebrating the Steelers' landing in the Super Bowl.
I'll be making time to talk to and spend time with Ethan, who I rarely was given the chance to see last semester.
I'll be doing what I need to do in order to get this degree under my belt come May 8th.
I'll be training for a full-length triathlon with Amanda.
I'll be teaching and enjoying it because that seems to be the only place I can garner positive feedback.
I'll be going to happy hour with the people in my department I have yet to get to know.
I'll be appreciating the relationships with people in my department I have gotten to know.
I'll attend my church and sing in my choir and enjoy my community outside of CU.
I'll lose myself in planning my upcoming trips and fantasize about one again being far from here.

And I'll hold my head up high, because I deserve to.

1 comment:

mooseman said...

Do not let others perceptions taint your spirit.That is a lifetime struggle. Know who you are and let no one take your dignity and values.I know you are young but you are special in so many ways you cannot possible see them in yourself. I say this with an objective heart and mind. Someone who looks at you from a distance at times and am marveled at the person you are. You have a spirit and heart that is next to none. I have experienced much and seen many people in my years and know what " special " is. Forever!.