Monday, February 16, 2009

Ah, ha, ha, ha Stayin' Alive

I was reading over older posts a moment ago, and got really inspired. Somewhere between last semester and now my outlook had become dismal and grim. Nothing to look forward to, no good things to say. I'm not even sure how my friends put up with me. Things really aren't bad; I'm not sure what all the complaining is about.

So, new leaf time. Here it goes. An attempt to keep my head up and go outta this town with a bang. I'm sitting at the Starbucks on Arapahoe at the current moment awaiting Amanda's arrival. Super-productive mode to commence momentarily as I have around 300 short essays to grade for 1210 due tomorrow. But that's alright. I need a swift kick in the ass to get myself going again anyway. I have somehow avoided any and all productivity for two weekends straight now. And I could get away with that stuff maybe a semester ago, but this is crunch time: I'm not leaving here without my MA.

And there are always things to look forward to as well. Vegas is coming up. The week after my comprehensive exams, me and 3 other lovlies are hitting up Sin City for four days of party-hardy, shop-a-holic wonderment.

I'm gonna make it. I've gotta make it.

Me and my lovely date on our Valentine's Day outting. Ethiopian cuisine followed by delectable cheesecake. The answer is yes.

No comments: