Friday, April 3, 2009

CU Boulder, the "Ivy League" Public School

I covered my friend's classes today while he was at a conference. I just got done with the last one and I have to say that all hope for the future of this planet is lost.

First of all, there is no other way to say it. They're stupid. They cannot think. They do not wish to be able to. Their vocabulary is limited to that which T9 recognizes.

But beyond that, they're the rudest, most disrespectful, and "entitled" little bastards I've ever encountered. Pitts got nothing on these bitches.

A student, in this class today, picked up a newspaper and started reading it while I was talking to him. I swear to god. I stood there shocked for a second, then said, "Could you put that away? That is so disrespectful." To which he replied "sorry" under his breath then proceeded to sit there like a wounded animal for the rest of the class, because obviously I had wronged him so.

Of course, the class wouldn't participate after that. I'm the villain, right. I'm out of line.

I can't give an accurate estimate on how many students text-messaged throughout the entire class period. Even when I told them to stop.

Several students came in more than 15 minutes late...one without so much as a backpack or the assignment to turn in. She told me after class that she'd just email it and that would be fine.

I don't know if the regular TA puts up with this bullshit, but that's exactly what it is, bullshit. I would NEVER even DESIRE to behave that way. These people are unbelievable.

And I really, really want to shake them until their heads roll away.

No comments: