Sunday, April 27, 2008

I should be ashamed

On my way to church this morning I realized that today was the Sunday I had volunteered to serve at the soup kitchen we sponsor on the last Sunday of each month. Although I enjoy these endeavors and think it is important, I immediately began to stress as I had a paper due at 11pm tonight, that I had not started.

And then I went and served turkey, and dressing, and green beans, and mashed potatoes to about 75 or so of Boulder's down and out, and realized what a whiny, unappreciative brat I am. I have wonderful friends, priceless family, all the food, clothing, and shelter I want, entertainment, a free education, and so much to look forward to. My worries and concerns are minimal at best, and yet I become so engrossed in my own experiences, my own reality, that I somehow think all this really matters, that I have real problems.

And I don't. I have nothing but blessings.







Me and Julie

No comments: