Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some people really know how to have a good time.

We know how to live; that's all I can say. Mom and I picked up Carolyn and Marita in Bethel Park and then drove up to Carolyn's brother-in-law's 15 acre wonderland a few miles outside of Seven Springs. We did the mountains PA style.

We spent the day sipping wine, gin, whiskey, and martinis, talking about politics and old times (the average age not including me was round 75, so "old time" talk was a spectator sport for some of us), feeding the fish in Al's pond, and whispering to the trees in the forest.

What a joy.

Carolyn and Marita know how to live. They know how to laugh and spend and talk and do. We always get together and have the loveliest of times. I want my whole life to be like that, and, you know, it really is.

Sex and the Country

No comments: