Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Got My First A!

I know, it's kind of hard to believe. I mean, I've always breezed through school with nothing below an A average my entire life. But, if you can imagine, my entire first year of graduate school I failed to get anything higher than an A-. Now, that's worse for students in some programs than others. At Pitt it seemed that A's were kind of the norm and an A- was a penalty for really sucking at life. I only took one graduate seminar there and was being graded as an undergraduate, but still, that was the general understanding.

At CU, a whole different story. And, to be honest, I'm living it up in grad school. While others are hitting the books, I'm hitting the bars--in a city somewhere far from Boulder, every single weekend. Knowing that I merely have to pass, take what I want from it, and cut out once I graduate has made me much more interested in my life outside of academia than in it. But, I am now happy to say that I have officially received an A in a graduate course. No lie, I would have been pretty disappointed with myself if I had come out having never achieved that. And, get this, it was for a class where the final paper requirement was 35 pages, and mine was 16! Significantly less than half!

Go me.

The paper was also on professional hockey. See, you do well where your passions lie. ;)

No comments: