Wednesday, July 16, 2008

discontent


There is a part of me that is excited to get back to Boulder. It's strange. Well, I guess it would be strange if I were just straight up excited to get back into the grad school grove, and be away from the 'burgh--but that is definitely not the case. Really, I'm looking forward to being in my own place again, with a gym and a schedule. Having my own dishes to clean and bed to make (or not).

I like being on my own a lot; I always have. Really, I'll tell you what I'm looking forward to: having my own place and job and life in Pittsburgh. But that's at least a year away and so Boulder will have to do for now.

It's funny, I am having quite a delightful summer--adventures and joy abound--but I am also feeling a little like I'm in purgatory. Just killing the summer while I await my fate of the second year of a Master's--which, as I said before I'm not totally dreading. But the promise of comprehensive exams is a killer. Thank goodness for going out with my friends, following bands on tour, and skipping off to sexy cities.

Oh, you wouldn't know about that, because it hasn't happened yet. But, the hope is to get off to visit the fam in Florida (Vero Beach, to be exact), to NYC for Justin (and Bridie!) time, and then--this is the long shot but here's hoping--off to Vegas for some alone time, partying it up, and perhaps even getting in to see American Steel and The Fashion again (and Alkaline Trio, I suppose, but whatever. Who likes the headliner anyway? That's so cliche).

No comments: